TIME TO SPEAK UP


I promised myself to always remember the anniversary of the blog and I was so excited when February started because of it, now I am here today writing about how I was supposed to be happy about having two years blogging about what I like; but honestly it has been the craziest, saddest, and most painful week ever.

Me prometí a mi misma siempre recordar el aniversario del blog y cuando empezó Febrero estaba muy emocionada porque llegara el día y aqui estoy, se supone que escriba de lo feliz que me siento por tener dos años escribiendo y compartiendo de lo que me gusta, pero honestamente ha sido la semana más loca, dolorosa y triste.

I do not want to make this a sad post because is not the idea, but I do not want to be a hypocrite either. 
As some might know I am from Venezuela, I was born and raised there until I left when I was 19 years old, now I am 21 so basically I have lived my whole life there. These past days students raised their voice because they are tired of today's government, I am too.

No quiero hacer esto un post triste porque no es la idea pero no quiero tampoco ser hipócrita.
Como algunos quizá sepan, yo nací en Venezuela y viví ahí hasta no hace mucho, prácticamente hasta los 19 y hoy tengo 21. Estos días los estudiantes alzaron su voz porque están cansados del gobierno que hoy lidera, yo también lo estoy.

When I lived in Venezuela I used to protest and stand up for myself and my future, I remember the elections before I came to the USA I cried myself to sleep because there is no future, you don't live there you survive. Violence, economy, politics, are just a few of the problems. 

Cuando viví en Venezuela solía protestar y manifestarme por mi y mi futuro, recuerdo las elecciones antes de tomar la decisión de venirme a Estados Unidos, lloré hasta caer dormida, porque no hay future, no vives sino que sobrevives. Violencia, economía, política, son solo algunos de los tantos problemas.

Imagine yourself to live in a place where you can't find products of basic needs? And to make it more relatable to the blog imagine having to spend your salary in one or two items because of inflation? 

Imaginen vivir en un lugar donde no puedes conseguir productos de primera necesidad? Y para hacerlo más relacionado al blog, imagine tener que comprar uno o dos piezas de ropa con tu salario de solo un mes?

Not living in Venezuela doesn't make me less interested on what is happening. In fact, it has been so hard to concentrate with school and work without checking my phone to see what happens, but most importantly my whole family is there. I live by myself in the USA because I am trying to make a future for myself but I am also trying to open doors to my family to have a better life.

No vivir en Venezuela no quiere decir que no me interese lo que pasa. La realidad es que esta semana ha sido demasiado dificil concentrarme en la escuela o el trabajo sin tener que agarrar mi celular y saber que esta pasando, pero más que todo porque toda mi familia esta ahí. Estoy sola en Estados Unidos tratando de tener ese futuro que siempre he querido pero también tratando de abrir puertas para mi familia para que puedan tener una mejor vida.

To finish with this, because I know many of you might not be interested, I just want to ask if it is possible for you to help, to share and spread the word about what is going on, please do! We really need your voice because in Venezuela people are not being heard but shut down with pure violence.

Para terminar, solo quiero perdirles que si les es possible nos ayuden, compartan y corran la voz acerca de lo que pasa, porque necesitamos sus voces ya que en Venezuela nos quieren callar con violencia.

This is not the way I wanted to write about the blog's second anniversary but this is how I feel today and this is what I am standing up today for.

Esta no es la manera en que quería escribir acerca del aniversario del blog pero asi es como me siento y esto es lo único en que puedo pensar hoy.

Thank you for the support and visiting the blog these past 2 years.

Gracias por el apoyo y visitar el blog estos dos años.

G




“Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.”  - Nelson Mandela

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an amazing post. It's so crazy what has been going on over there. I'm glad you stood up and continue to stand up for what you believe in! Keep it up!

    -Donald
    www.trescharmantxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you and your family back in Venezuela. It's so admirable that you are in the USA to make a future for yourself and for your family. You're going to do amazing things. I know you must miss your family and are worried for them right now. I'm sending you my best wishes and you're in my prayers. Hoping the situation in your country gets better.

    ReplyDelete