PETITE IN STYLE: THE MIDI SKIRT



There are many pieces out there that attract our attention but we tend to be afraid of how they would look on us. This year I set a goal of updating my wardrobe with pieces that are more feminine and that I was able to transform in a variety of outfits. Skirts have been on my checklist for a while. I have been wanting to add more skirts to my work-wear for a long time now.

So far this year I have found (or Gaby has found and picked out for me) some amazing pieces at H&M. This skirt is one of them. When I saw this I thought that the shape and how it flowed towards the bottom was very flattering for my body type. I am very short and that is one of the reasons as to why I wear this to work with high heals. This along with the top adds an interesting twist on the proportions of my body. The color is just simply timeless.


Your should not be intimidated by what you see in a hanger, mannequin, or in a magazine. You owe it to yourself to try it on. If it does not work for you, then at least you know that you tried it on. If it turns out to be a piece in which you feel comfortable and effortlessly classic, then it is a keeper.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hay muchas piezas que llaman la atención pero tendemos a tener miedo de como lucirian en nosotras. Este 2014 me propuse una meta de actualizar mi closet con piezas más femeninas y que pudiese transformar en diferentes looks. Las faldas han estado en mi lista por un tiempo, he estado esperando para agregar más a mi ropa de oficina.

A lo que va de este 2014 he encontrado (o Gaby ha seleccionado para mi) unas piezas hermosas en H&M. Esta falda es una de ellas, cuando la vi pensé que la forma y el movimiento al final era perfecto para mi tipo de cuerpo. Soy muy baja y esa es una de las rezones porque uso esto para el trabajo con tacones. Esto más el top hace que el look sea interesante a las proporciones de mi cuerpo, y el color es simplemente perfecto.

No deberían intimidarse por lo que ven en el gancho, el maniqui o las revistas. No tengan miedo de intentar, si no les functiona al menos saben que lo intentaron. Y si resulta ser una pieza que se sienten cómodas y clásicas entonces hay que quedarselo.

Top: Ann Taylor
Skirt and Belt: H&M
Necklace: Target
Shoes: Fioni









1 comment: