PETITE DIARIES: SNAPSHOTS OF FARM LIFE


I took a last minute trip to Puerto Rico. If you didn't know, I was born and raised in Puerto Rico. My entire family lives there. My visit has been bittersweet because I'm visiting my family and meeting my nephew for the first time, which is exciting, and at the same time, I am also a bit sad because my grandfather is not doing well.  Nevertheless I am thankful to be able to spend time with all of them.

I wanted to share some snapshots of what I love the most; driving up to the family farm every morning. I grew up surrounded by nature and developed a passion for cultivating the land in the most pure and organic way. This is why every time that I come home I make it a point to visit the farm daily and help out as much as I can. We have oxes  that are like our pets and help us by drafting objects. My father and brother grow organic squash, beans of all kind, cilantro, tomatoes, plantains, etc.  It is a humble lifestyle full of love for all things. I can truly say that nature is powerful and in many ways healing. 


Decidí viajar a Puerto Rico a ultimo momento. Si no sabían, nací y crecí en Puerto Rico. Toda mi familia vive allá. Mi visita esta vez ha estado llena de muchas emociones porque vine a conocer a mi sobrino y a estar con mi familia, pero también a visitar a mi abuelito que esta bastante enfermo. De todas maneras me siento afortunada de poder compartir con todos. 

Quería compartir algunas fotos de nuestra vida en la finca. Tenemos una finca familiar y es una de las cosas que mas añoro. Desde pequeña aprendí a cultivar y a trabajar en familia. Siempre que visitó aprovecho todas las mañanas y voy a la finca. Tenemos bueyes que nos ayudan a remolcar. Mi papa y hermano cultivan de manera orgánica, habichuelas de todas clases, calabaza, cilantro, tomates, plátanos, etc. Es un estilo de vida muy humilde, lleno de mucho amor y aprecio por todas las cosas que son importantes. Para mi la naturaleza tiene de cierta manera un poder de sanación















No comments:

Post a Comment