Why Did I Start Blogging?


It was early in 2012 and I had left on my first solo adventure away from my family. I was going to live in California for six months while I would finally learn English and was able to practice with the people I met.

I was living in California and my only priority was to attend class and learn as much as I could from this experience. It was hard for me to go out because everything was really far and you had to take like 3 buses to get to a place, basically it would take 2 hours on the bus, trying to enjoy when getting there and 2 hours to go back. It was nighttime already lol.

One day I found myself on my computer and, I remember images from this day but I don’t quite remember how I found out about blogs and all of that.

I found the platform Blogger so I opened my blog, at first I wanted it to be a photography blog, it went through a few stages “Fashion Photo Lover” is the one I remember most. I had my professional camera because I always loved photography so I got one before my trip.

I was not sure what I was doing but as time passed I realized the reasons why I started blogging are these:

- I was always very shy and introvert, this was a tool for me to show myself and be more open.
- I have always known I want to make a change in this world; it was the first step for me to do so. Little by little leads you to something big.
- I always loved fashion and watched tv, movies, and awards because of it. I just love it so much.
- Even if It was to one person, the fact that I would be able to inspire or motivate someone is so rewarding.
- I wanted to encourage girls to be themselves and not let others define them. It happened to me for a long time, I lived by critics and what my “friends” would think and say. I separated myself from that toxic environment and stopped thinking about what people says.
- I was very low key at the beginning; I did not share or say anything to anybody. I was just trying to figure it out.
- I always loved dressing up, broke some of my mom’s heels because of it.
- I used to like to write A LOT, about life, love, and deep things lol. As I grew I did not write as much but I am starting to recover those parts of myself now.
- I was bored! Yes, the main reason that led to all of this was that.

I never thought my blog would become what it is, and that I would meet, travel and know people because of it. I never imagine someone would tell me that I inspire them or that someone would ask me advice on how to open a blog. All of these things have happened and I am so aware that my blog is not the most influential, popular, or social media hit but, imagine what can happen if I keep doing it and I keep putting my heart in it? That is the reason why I started and the reason why I am still here.
It’s been rough, with ups and downs but what good thing isn’t? We must go through difficult times to appreciate the best ones.

So yes, this is why I started this journey. And if there is something you have wanted to do for a while, something you love, something you really want because of yourself, DO IT. If you don’t do it, who will? And don’t frustrate if things don’t go as expected, the best things in life take time that is how we learn to appreciate them.


Do you have a blog? Why did you start? Share your story!


Era el primer trimestre del 2012 y me había ido en mi primera aventura independiente, lejos de mi familia. Me fui a vivir a California por seis meses mientras finalmente iba a aprender Inglés, y podría practicar con gente de allá.
Estuve viviendo ahí y mi única prioridad era ir a clases y aprender lo más que pudiese de esa experiencia. Era dificil salir porque todo quedaba muy lejos, prácticamente pasabas 4 horas en un bus ida y vuelta y 1 hora disfrutando a donde fueses.
Un día me encontraba en mi computadora y aunque recuerdo imágenes de este día no recuerdo claramente como supe acerca de blogs y toda esa cuestión.
Me topé con Blogger asi que lo abrí, pasó por muchas etapas en cuanto a nombre. La única que recuerdo claramente era “Fashion Photo Lover”. Tenía mi cámara profesional porque siempre me gustó la fotografía y la compré para mi viaje.
No estaba segura de lo que estaba haciendo pero mientras pasaba el tiempo me daba cuenta que las razones porque tengo este blog son algunas de las siguientes:

- Siempre fui muy tímida e introvertida, esta fue una herramienta para mostrarme a mi misma y ser más abierta.
- Siempre he sabido que quiero cambiar el mundo de alguna manera; fue el primer paso para hacerlo. Paso a paso para llegar a hacer algo grande.
- Siempre me encantó la moda y veía shows de tv, películas y premios por ello.
- Si asi fuese que llegara a inspirar aunque sea a una persona eso es muy satisfactorio.
- Quería motivar a las chicas que me leyeran a ser ellas mismas y no dejar que los demás las definan. Me pasó por mucho tiempo que viví de las criticas y lo que mis “amigos” decían y pensaban. Me separé de ese ambiente tóxico y deje de pensar en lo que dijeran los demás.
- Fui muy privada al comienzo, no compartía ni decía nada acerca del blog mientras yo misma trataba de entender que estaba haciendo.
- Siempre me encantó vestirme y hasta rompí tacones de mi mamá por ello.
- Solía escribir muchisimo acerca de la vida, el amor, y cosas profundas jajaja. Fui creciendo y no lo hacia tan seguido pero he estado recuperando eso.
- Estaba aburrida, si. La razón principal fue esa.

Nunca pensé que el blog se convertíria en lo que es y que conocería gente y viajaría por ello. Nunca imaginé que alguien me diria que le inspiro o que me pedirian consejos acerca de abrir su propio blog. Todas estas cosas pasaron y sé muy bien que mi blog no es el más influenciador, popular o hit de las redes sociales pero, imaginen que puede pasar si sigo haciendolo y dedicando mi corazón a ello. Esa es la razón por la que empecé y por la que sigo aqui.

 Asi que, por eso fue que empecé esta aventura. Si hay algo que siempre haz querido hacer, algo que te apasiona y que de verdad quieres para ti, HAZLO. Si tu no lo haces ¿quién lo hará por ti? Y no te frustres si las cosas no van como esperadas, las mejores cosas en la vida toman tiempo y asi es como aprendemos a apreciarlas.


¿Tienes un blog? ¿por qué lo empezaste? Comparte tu historia.

No comments:

Post a Comment